Save the Date | Public Debates on Sustainability
October 27, 2023
In the Anthropocene epoch of today, we are facing a global polycrisis: the intertwined and cascading crises of climate change, biodiversity loss and socio-ecological vulnerability. To confront this polycrisis, what if we learned to engage other ways of knowing the world around us?
The third edition of the Norman Foster Foundation’s Public Debates on Sustainability, taking place on Tuesday 14 November 2023 with the support of Rolex, will explore a sustainable future in which more-than-human design re-engages with nature for compassionate co-existence.
The Public Debates will be moderated by Nina-Marie Lister, Professor and Director, Ecological Design Lab, Toronto Metropolitan University; Founding Principal, PLANDFORM, Toronto, Canada.
With a five-minute keynote and debate between the following experts:
- Maya Lin, Director, Maya Lin Studio, New York, NY, United States
- Simon Kretz, Founder and Partner, Salewski Nater Kretz, Zurich, Switzerland
- Mathis Wackernagel, Co-Founder and President, Global Footprint Network, Oakland, CA, United States
And a conversation between:
- Mario Cucinella, Founder and President, Mario Cucinella Architects, Bologna, Italy
- Nina-Marie Lister, Professor and Director, Ecological Design Lab, Toronto Metropolitan University; Founding Principal, PLANDFORM, Toronto, Canada
The Public Debates are free and open to the public, with a limited capacity, after registering via Eventbrite. Access is granted on a first-come basis. Please note that registration does not guarantee entry once full capacity has been reached. The public debate will be held in English without translation.
The event will be supported by Rolex.